Iran rejected UAE’s “baseless” claim of missile threats, urging regional countries to avoid unsubstantiated accusations and preserve good neighborliness.

Iran on Wednesday rejected the United Arab Emirates’ allegation that it had launched two ballistic missiles towards the Gulf state’s territorial waters, calling the claim “baseless” and urging regional countries to avoid unsubstantiated accusations.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei “completely rejected” the UAE’s allegation and said such claims were contrary to the “principle of good neighbourliness” and could undermine efforts to build trust and prevent further insecurity in the region.
“We call on all regional parties to avoid baseless accusations against Iran,” the Iranian Foreign Ministry said in a statement posted on its official Telegram channel.
Baghaei also expressed concern over such accusations against Iran, saying they hindered regional efforts to strengthen trust and stability.
“Accusing the Islamic Republic of Iran contradicts the principle of good neighborliness and hinders efforts to build trust among the countries of the region,” he added.
UAE Says Missiles Targeted Gulf Shipping
The UAE had earlier accused Iran of launching two ballistic missiles towards the country, in an incident that marked the first missile threat detected by its defence ministry in months.
The UAE Ministry of Defence said its air defence systems detected two missiles launched from Iran. One fell outside the country’s territorial waters, while the other fell within them.
A later assessment by the ministry said the missiles were targeting maritime navigation and fell into the sea.
The accusation came against a backdrop of heightened tensions in the Gulf, with Iran warning that the Strait of Hormuz would remain closed until it reaches a peace agreement with the United States.
The UAE subsequently announced a major economic response, suspending all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran until further notice.
UAE Foreign Ministry communications director Afra Al Hameli said the decision followed regional escalations that were undermining regional and international peace and security.