• Home
  • About US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • June 2023
  • May 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • January 2023
  • December 2022
  • November 2022
  • October 2022
  • September 2022
  • August 2022
  • July 2022
  • June 2022
  • May 2022
  • March 2022
  • February 2022
  • January 2022
  • November 2019

Categories

  • Auto
  • Business
  • Climate & Earth
  • Coronavirus
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Happiness Basket
  • India
  • Learn | Unlearn | Relearn
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Research Discoveries
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • Video
  • World
  • Home
  • About US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
Read Selective
  • World
  • Politics
  • India
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Auto
  • Crypto
  • Coronavirus
  • Happiness Basket
  • Research Discoveries
  • World

Supreme Court lets Trump continue work on White House ballroom for now

  • August 22, 2026
The demolition of the East Wing of the White House during construction of U.S. President Donald Trump’s proposed ballroom is seen from the reopened Washington Monument, following the longest shutdown of the government in Washington, D.C., U.S., November 15, 2025. REUTERS/ Jessica Koscielniak/File Photo Purchase Licensing Rights

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday allowed President Donald Trump’s administration to continue construction of his White House ballroom project for now, temporarily pausing a judicial order that ​would halt much of the development.
The court’s action, known as an administrative stay, gives the justices additional time to consider the administration’s formal request to ‌let it continue working on the $400 million ballroom while a lawsuit by a historic preservation group seeking to stop the project proceeds.

The stay was issued by Chief Justice John Roberts, who handles emergency cases arising in Washington, D.C.
In an August 14 filing to the Supreme Court, Justice Department lawyers echoed Trump’s contention that the project is a security necessity, citing assassination attempts against the president and other recent threats.
“This case involves an ​extraordinary and unlawful injunction that will halt the ongoing construction of the integrated military complex, including a totally secure ballroom space, at the East Wing of the White ​House, which is vitally required by national security,” they wrote.

Trump welcomed the court’s action on Friday.
“We are grateful for the Decision of the ⁠United States Supreme Court,” Trump wrote in a social media post. “The Military/Ballroom Complex being built on the hallowed grounds of the White House, which is so vital for National Security, will ​be THE GREATEST OF ITS KIND!”
The nonprofit National Trust for Historic Preservation sued last year after the administration tore down, opens new tab the White House East Wing and began building a 90,000-square-foot (8,360-square-meter) ballroom without ​seeking specific approval from Congress.
After the Supreme Court acted on Friday, a spokesperson for the National Trust for Historic Preservation said, “To be clear, this is not a final decision on the merits of the government’s stay application, and we await further action.”

The project combines the above-ground ballroom with an extensive underground complex. Trump has said the project includes bomb shelters, medical facilities, shielding from drones and missiles and other security features that ​are “all tied together as one big, expensive and very complex unit.”
On August 7, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in a 2-1 ruling upheld U.S. District ​Judge Richard Leon’s order directing the administration to halt above-ground construction. The order had been set to take effect on Friday.

‘A TEMPORARY TENANT’

“Each President is a temporary tenant, not the owner, of the White House,” ‌and cannot ⁠fundamentally reshape it without congressional approval, the D.C. Circuit’s ruling stated.
The district judge’s order did not permanently bar construction of a ballroom. It blocked above-ground efforts while allowing below-ground construction to continue, as well as work deemed “strictly necessary” for the safety and security of the White House. In its ruling, the D.C. Circuit said national security arguments “are not an automatic get-out-of-law-free card.”

The Justice Department said in its August 14 filing that the overall East Wing project — including both the underground facilities and the above-ground ballroom — is 65% complete.

Source : https://www.reuters.com/world/supreme-court-lets-trump-continue-work-white-house-ballroom-now-2026-08-21/

Previous Article
  • World

True scale of Meghan and Harry’s US political plans revealed — from request for Biden Oval Office meeting to eyeing Senate seat

  • August 21, 2026
View Post
Next Article
  • World

US Navy aircraft transits Taiwan Strait before planned Xi-Trump meeting

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
You May Also Like
View Post
  • World

MEGGING A COMEBACK Meghan ‘to play ultimate temptress in The Gentlemen & film just minutes from King’s beloved estate’ in return to Britain

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Trump urges South Carolinians to make Sen. Darline Graham the GOP nominee for US Senate

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Court cuts $50M judgment against Alex Jones over falsely labeling Sandy Hook killings a hoax

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Fernando Mendoza rookie card cost Tom Brady ‘life-altering amount of money’

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

‘RHOA’ alum Kim Zolciak’s 15-year-old son, KJ Biermann, arrested for aggravated sodomy and sexual battery

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Prince Harry and six others face privacy case legal bill of up to £34.5m

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Drugs at their fingertips, intense pressure: Why child stars fall into addiction

  • August 22, 2026
View Post
  • World

Mecca Pact Expanding? Two More Nations Open To Joining Saudi-Pakistan-Turkey Bloc

  • August 22, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Sunita Ahuja reveals Govinda planned to marry Komal Rani Swarnkar
  • MEGGING A COMEBACK Meghan ‘to play ultimate temptress in The Gentlemen & film just minutes from King’s beloved estate’ in return to Britain
  • Trump urges South Carolinians to make Sen. Darline Graham the GOP nominee for US Senate
  • Court cuts $50M judgment against Alex Jones over falsely labeling Sandy Hook killings a hoax
  • Fernando Mendoza rookie card cost Tom Brady ‘life-altering amount of money’
Categories
  • Auto (44)
  • Business (461)
  • Climate & Earth (16)
  • Coronavirus (18)
  • Crypto (28)
  • Entertainment (880)
  • Happiness Basket (7)
  • India (5,748)
  • Learn | Unlearn | Relearn (163)
  • Lifestyle (326)
  • Politics (97)
  • Research Discoveries (392)
  • Science & Technology (466)
  • Sports (977)
  • Trending (1,677)
  • Video (1)
  • World (9,619)
Read Selective

For Feedbacks, Advertisements or Any Other Concerns mail us at info@readselective.com

Pages
  • Home
  • About US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
Categories
  • Auto
  • Business
  • Climate & Earth
  • Coronavirus
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Happiness Basket
  • India
  • Learn | Unlearn | Relearn
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Research Discoveries
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • Video
  • World
© 2024 Read Selective | Developed by SUGARA Technologies
  • Home
  • About US
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use

Input your search keywords and press Enter.

Go to mobile version