THE Duchess of Sussex is in advanced talks to play a role in the hit Netflix Guy Ritchie gangster series The Gentlemen, eight years after she quit acting.
Yesterday it was revealed that she had been offered an opportunity to return to acting, which contributed to her and Harry’s plan to come back to the UK.

The former Suits star, 45, is said to be “very excited” about the opportunity to act again.
She is understood to be joining the Guy Ritchie Netflix series, which films near the King’s Highgrove Estate, for its third season as the “ultimate temptress” of the underworld action comedy.
The series is predominantly filmed at the Badminton estate in Gloucestershire – just seven miles from Highgrove.
Harry and Meghan have an estranged relationship with the King having barely seen him in the six years since they left for California, with Meghan now likely to be working on the show withing just a few miles of Charles.
An insider said: “The gossip in TV circles is that Meghan could play the ultimate temptress, who puts the cat among the pigeons by seducing an aristocrat.
“The Gentlemen would be perfect for her as it’s a big budget, glossy production which is quintessentially British.
“But because it is on Netflix that gives it a huge global audience. In fact it is one of the streaming giant’s biggest hits of recent years.
“It would see her star opposite Theo James, who plays Eddie and he is one of the frontrunners to be the new James Bond.
“Everything about the project screams quality, but it is also one with a bit of an edge too.”
The Gentlemen stars Theo James as Eddie Horniman, the 13th Duke of Halstead, who inherits the family’s country pile and partners with crime boss Susie Glass [Kaya Scodelario] to turn it into an underground cannabis farm.
It premiered on March 7, 2024, with Series 2 dropping on Netflix on September 3 following a massively successful first series.
Love Island star Maya Jama is due to be making an appearance alongside Theo James in the upcoming series.
And, Meghan may be seen on screen alongside Maya who will return in Series 3, as confirmed by The Sun.
It comes after The Sun revealed in a bombshell world exclusive that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the country — six years after leaving for the US.
Meghan’s last major role was in hit US drama Suits, which she left in late 2017 just before she gave up acting and married Harry in 2018.
News of Meghan’s return to acting broke yesterday, sparking wild speculation about what her next role would be.
People guessed she could be the new James Bond, or a character on EastEnders, Line of Duty or even the new Harry Potter series.
She is confirmed to have a cameo in upcoming film comedy Close Personal Friends, with Lily Collins and Brie Larson.
Meghan already has a relationship with Netflix due to her two series, and a Christmas special of her lifestyle show, With Love, Meghan, which dropped last year.
Source : https://www.the-sun.com/royals/16876467/meghan-eyes-guy-ritchie-gentlemen-role/

